We will soon be accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Student Activities Board!
We want your time as a Student Activities Board member to be a lot of fun, as well as a great learning experience. Along with your appointment as a Chair or Vice Chair, there will be several learning expectations. As a student leader you are responsible for setting an example for your fellow students. Maintaining a strong foundation of the organization is imperative for the future success of SAB, and prospective student leaders are depending on you to set in motion those programs that you think can be expanded upon in future years.
We understand that you have other commitments, but office hours, event coverage, and meetings are absolutes when it comes to being involved in SAB. To prioritize your commitment as a SAB member is as follows:
1) School 2) Family 3) Faith 4) SAB
As you can see, the SAB is a high priority and for good reason.
- First, it is a position of responsibility. You are working for more than 20,000 students who have a stake in the University of Louisville’s community, and they have, in turn, entrusted us to select a person who will live up to their expectations.
- Second, the Student Activities Board has a large budget that has been collected from the student body that is to provide students and other members of the campus and local community with entertaining, educational and/or enriching programs that are reflective of contemporary issues and trends.
DESIRED SUCCESS FACTORS
- Team-player attitude
- Uses information effectively to support decisions and recommendations
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to take responsibility for actions
- Commitment to diversity
- Commitment to programming for student interest.
- Approaches new challenges with creativity and insight.
- Must have and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Be a student at the University of Louisville during their entire term of office
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester, excluding summer (May 2014 – April 2015)
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Completed Application
- Responses to questions from application
- Applicants for all positions are strongly encouraged to submit a resume
WORK WITH TALENTED STUDENTS TO CREATE AMAZING EVENTS
MAKE FRIENDS WHO CREATE THE MOST FUN OUT OF ANY SITUATION
LEARN USEFUL SKILLS WHILE STAYING ENGAGED WITH A COMMITTEE
If you are interested in joining the SAB team, applications will open soon!